Spring 2017 wrap-up
Posted on May 11, 2017
This academic year is over and we’ve been busy in the Poretsky lab. Some highlights for 2016-2017:
- Melissa and Emily spent some time in WA at the NOAA Fisheries lab in March
- Rachel Macam presented her work (with Jarrad on the microbiomes of members of the UIC swim team as they train and compete) at the UIC Undergraduate Research Forum in April.
- Adit was awarded a Hadley Grant to continue his work on DOM dynamics in Lake Michigan
- Dr. Poretsky was nominated for a “Rising Star in Basic Life Sciences” (UIC) and selected as the UIC nominee for a Blavatnik Award for Young Scientists (NYAS).
- Dr. Poretsky worked as a Master Mentor for the NYAS’s 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures program
- Adit will be presenting his research at the upcoming International Association for Great Lakes Research conference.